WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD?
When you partner with Sunrise you’re not signing up to be a member of a church to get special benefits or privileges. Rather you’re joining us in our mission: To Transform the World with Grace and Love. Partnership is an active commitment to join us in our call to change the world around us with the message of Christ. The country club has members, we have partners. We think this is an important distinction. Partners join us and use their time, money and whatever talents God has given them to join with others in sharing God’s grace and love to everyone they meet. It takes patience and dedication and a whole lot of grace.
But you’re not doing it alone. Sunrise is a community of people who have committed to taking this journey together. And when you partner with us, you formally join us in the work that we do for God’s kingdom: In-the-trenches, dirt-under-your-fingernails, makes-you-sweat kind of work. It’s not easy, but it’s good.
If you’re interested in partnering with us, the first step is to attend the Partnership class. These classes are held 3-4 times per year.
In this class you will learn about Sunrise’s history, beliefs, values, and its distinct mission that God has called us to. If you are interested in pursuing partnership after the class you will then be asked to complete a short assignment to learn more about what it means to transform the world with grace and love. Finally, you will be welcomed publicly into the community on a Sunday morning.
Criteria of Partners
- Confession of a personal experience of salvation through Jesus Christ
- Agreement with Sunrise’s basic faith statements
- Experience of Christian baptism
- Willingness to support Sunrise’s mission, values and practices
- A commitment to be intentional about one’s spiritual growth
- A commitment to be connected in biblical community
- A commitment to maintain unity within the church where Sunrise has undefined positions
Benefits of partnering with Sunrise
- Partners have the right to influence the key decisions of the church, including the selection of elder candidates and their affirmation
- Partners take part in periodic meetings where matters affecting the church are discussed and feedback is invited
- Partners receive priority in the allocation of finite church resources
If you'd like more information about becoming a partner, send us your name and email at the "click here" button below