At Sunrise, we offer many opportunities for people of all ages to learn and grow in God. Below you will find some basic info about such ministries.
kidzone children's ministries
Our KidZone program exemplifies our commitment to the future of our community. It is designed for kids age 3 through 5th grade.
All kids are welcome to come in at 9:50 to meet up with the other kids in their designated zone. There they will work on Bible memorization while building authentic community.
Afterwards, all the kids come together as a large group for a time of worship and to hear the message for the week.
When the message is done we break off once again into our zones for a more in-depth, age-appropriate discussion of the message. Kids are then encouraged to visit the worship response stations such as: Prayers, Blessings, Promises, and Encouragment.
On occasion events for the kids are planned outside of Sunday morning worship.
A nursery is provided the entire service for infants to 2-year olds.
If you have any questions about KidZone please contact Penny Plowman, our Director of Children's Ministries.
OUR WELLNESS POLICY
We ask that any children exhibiting the following symptoms not be brought into Nursery or KidZone:
- Fever: Child should be fever free for 24 hours.
- Vomiting/Diarrhea: Child should be episode free for 24 hours.
- Strep Throat: Child should have started antibiotics 24 hours before attending.
- Nasal Drainage: Child should not attend until drainage is clear in color.
- Sore Throat/Cough: Child should not attend with a sore throat, or persistent coughing associated with respiratory infection.
- Pink Eye: Attend only after 24 hours of antibiotics, no matting or drainage occurs, and the child is no long rubbing the eye.
- Chicken Pox: Child may not attend until all spots are scabbed over and the child is no longer scratching or touching scabs.
- Rash: Children with an unexplained or contagious rash should not attend.
- Lice/Other Infestation: Children should not attend until after treatment, and all live lice and nits have been removed.
Anchor Student Ministries
Sunrise’s Anchor Student Ministries group meets regularly at the Sunrise Ministry Center.
Together with our Student Ministries Director, Zachary Brummel, and his volunteers, students 6th grade through 12th grade strive to establish meaningful relationships at gatherings where students are encouraged to participate in fun events, engage in life-applicable discussions, and build their faith.
If you are a student, you will not want to miss out on this opportunity! For information on Anchor Student Ministries, please email Zach at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Sunrise, our Women's Ministries are busy! There are always groups and events going on, and as we update the calendar for the coming summer, be on the lookout for those opportunities.